A spot check is recommended for borderline suspicious lesions that require monitoring. Surveillance photography is normally done 3 months after your skin check to see if any of the suspicious lesions have changed. You can also book a spot check if you have a few spots of concern that you want professional advice on – however, a full skin cancer check is generally recommended over a spot check.
- Spot Check = $85. Your Medicare rebate is $39.
How to book:
- Feel free to book online with Dr Andrew Thant or Dr Mae Tun, who have further training in skin cancers and dermoscopy.
- Please note that a spot check is different from a skin check or mole mapping.
- Our skin cancer clinic is located in Chevron Island (Surfers Paradise).
Preparation for your spot check:
- If the spot is in an area with lots of hair, consider shaving this area. Although this is not necessary, it improves the image quality.