Chevron Advanced Medical is a private medical clinic. Please expect a gap fee for most appointments. DVA Gold patients won’t incur any fees.

Consultation Fees (1/3/23)

  • Standard consult – $80 (Medicare rebate $39, therefore gap is $40). 
  • Standard consult discounted fee with Dr Mae – $60 for patients with a concession card. Concessions include: pension, health care card, children 15 years and under. 
  • Long consult > 20 min – $110 for all patients (Medicare rebate $77, therefore gap is $33).
  • Prolonged consult > 40 min – $150 for all patients (Medicare rebate $113, gap payment is $37).
  • New patients – fees as above for all patients plus $10 registration fee.
  • DVA Gold – no fees.
Skin Cancer Clinic – Dr Andrew Thant & Dr Mae Tun

  • Skin Check (brief) – $85 (Medicare rebate $39, gap fee is $46).
  • Skin Check (full body) – $120 (Medicare rebate $75, gap fee is $45). 
  • Mole Map$270 (Medicare rebate $110, gap $160).
  • Cryotherapy with liquid nitrogen – bulk billed.
  • Punch or shave biopsy – small gap.
  • Minor procedure – small gap. 
  • Skin cancer excision – $120 gap.
  • Cosmetic removal of non-cancerous moles, cysts, lumps and bumps – $180 gap.
  • Ear keloid removalemail us for a quote with Dr Andrew.

Procedure Fees

  • Circumcision$600 with Medicare, or $990 without Medicare.
  • Ear microsuction – $120 (Medicare rebate $39, gap is $80). 
  • Holter monitor – $25 gap.
  • Iron infusion – $200 to $220 (Medicare rebate $77).
  • Iron infusion in pregnancy – $250 to $270 (Medicare rebate $113). 
  • Implanon insertion – $60 gap.
  • Implanon removal – $80 gap.
  • Implanon insertion and removal combined – $110 gap.
  • Vasectomy$500 with Medicare, or $990 without Medicare.
  • Venesection – fees differ depending on the doctor.
Anti-Wrinkle Injections

  • Brands D (Galderma), X (Merz) and B (Allergan) available.
  • Get an exact quote by using our price calculator, or send us an email to get an an individualised quote. 
Script Requests

  • No consult – $30

Workplace Medicals

  • Uber Medical – $110
  • Commercial Driver’s Licence – $110
  • Standard Workplace Medical – $150
Consultation costs for WorkCover are not reimbursed by Medicare. Invoices are to be paid at time of consultation and can be submitted to your employer or WorkCover for reimbursement. Once a claim number has been issued, we can invoice WorkCover directly.

Travel Vaccines

  • Yellow Fever Vaccine – $180

For all other vaccines, please call to find out the current prices. You may be able to get a rebate from your private health insurance. Please note: If you are a new patient or don’t have a concession card, a consult fee will also apply in addition to any vaccine fees.

Bulk billing medical centre
Why are there gap fees?
We are a private clinic with no additional funding from the government or corporates.
Medicare is an Australian public health insurance scheme. It provides a rebate to you when you access an eligible health service. The Medicare rebate was initially set at 75% to 85% of the scheduled fee on inception, with the patient paying the remaining 15% to 25% gap, or the clinic absorbing the gap cost by bulk billing.
Medicare funding has been indexed lower than the inflation rate for decades, resulting in increasing gaps being absorbed by bulk billing. You may have noticed that with bulk billing clinics, the appointments have been getting shorter and rushed (“shrinkflation”) to make up for this. 
If you would like to be seen on time and be able to book a decent amount of time with your doctor of choice, a gap fee is the only sustainable way of providing this service. 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *