Circumcision Gold Coast – Teen / Adult
Dr Than Tun is a general practitioner with a Fellowship in Surgery (FRCS – Ireland, 2003) and General Practice (FRACGP – Australia, 2006). He has been performing circumcision and vasectomy on the Gold Coast over the past decade. He also performed circumcision whilst practising as a General Surgeon in South Africa over 10 years. He uses the Mogen clamp technique for circumcision.
How to book your circumcision:
- You must be an adult or adolescent male aged > 16 years old.
- This step is optional. You can book a consult with Dr Than Tun to discuss your circumcision options. Please note that there are gap fees for consults.
- If you have already decided to go ahead with your procedure, you can book your circumcision online with Dr Tun. Alternatively, you can call us on (07) 55388811. A referral is not needed.
We will give a courtesy call to confirm your appointment one day prior to your procedure.
Before your appointment, please ensure you have read our circumcision FAQs below so that you are aware of what to expect and how to prepare for your procedure.
|Dr Than Tun (MBBS, FRACGP, FRCS)|
Circumcision is one of the oldest surgical procedures. It may be performed for cultural, religious, or health reasons. It may simply just reflect your personal preference. Adult circumcision is an option for men who were not circumcised when they were infants.
Before the procedure:
There are some simple things you can do to get ready for your appointment.
- Trim pubic hairs around the genital region.
- Shower thoroughly.
- Wear comfortable, supportive underwear.
- Arrange for someone to drive you home. Whilst this is not a necessity, it is probably best for your comfort and safety.
- If you are a new patient to the clinic, please arrive 5 minutes in advance to fill in a “new patient registration form” as well as a “consent form”.
The local anaesthetic will wear off after a couple of hours, after which you will start to feel some discomfort and pain. It usually takes at least 10 days for your penis to heal after circumcision. You may need to take 1 week off work to recover. You should avoid having sex for 6 weeks.
- Go directly home and rest.
- Use pain killers. Panadol or Panadeine Forte is advised. Never use more than directed. Do not take Aspirin as it may worsen bleeding.
- Plan to stay off your feet as much as possible for 2 days.
- Wear loose-fitting, comfortable underwear.
- Apply vaseline around the tip of your penis.
- If you have any concerns, book an appointment to see Dr Tun. Routine follow up appointments are booked at 2 days, as well as 2 weeks following the circumcision.